home about me our home

Monday, April 18, 2016

A Fashion Post



 HAVING FUN WITH YOUR WARDROBE IS KEY!!

Color and pattern are big this Spring. I love it! 

However I am not a big floral lover when it comes to wearing it on my body. 

Give me a colorful bouquet of real flowers and I am delighted, but when choosing patterns for my home, and my wardrobe I am more of a stripe or check kind of gal.

So what is a girl to do? Well lets look at other places we can wear color and pattern. How about your FEET?

Earlier this season I saw a darling pairs of sandals that were very colorful and I have not been able to get them out of my mind.


Look at how many colors are in these shoes, you could wear these with so many outfits! I fell in love with them. They have yet to enter my closet, but they are definitely on my radar.

When I saw these it made me look around for more colorful options....




These are just so fun, notice how the wedge is not just high in the back but also in the front, this will keep your foot a much more level angle and be more comfortable but will give you some height if you are a bit short like my self. These could be worn with dresses or pants, easily.


This next pair is a flip flop but it could be worn with a cute sundress or shorts easily.


I think these are so fresh and Summery or Springy!!

If I am being honest with myself this pair actually would have the most possibilities with my own personal wardrobe. They are also more geometric in their design and that is what I tend to enjoy wearing the most.



Sam Edelman brand shoe usually will fit my thin foot so that is also a plus. Oh dear what is a girl to do?

This is just another way for you to wear pattern in your wardrobe if you are a little shy using it in a piece of clothing. Just think of the fun nail polishes you could add to the mix!


THINGS TO ALWAYS REMEMBER!......
We all need to have more fun with our wardrobes and adding color and pattern is a way to amp up your wardrobe without having to make a bigger than life statement. 

Remember one of the key things you need to do when dressing is always wear colors that you look, and feel good in, and the other thing is to have some fun with your wardrobe!!

BTW: For those of you who might not be aware of how to find the shoes pictured, just click on the word VIA below each picture and that will take you to the link!!
 
 

4 comments:

Karena said...

Kathysue, you found art for our feet this season! I am loving these colorful and bright selections!!
xoxo
Karena
The Arts by Karena

Mary said...

I love those floral sandals. How do you feel about wearing them with tops that are a different print? Is like mixing patterns in a room?

Kathysue said...

Mary I think it is exactly like mixing patterns in the room, but remember to have a place to rest the eye. I would wear a black and white striped skirt and a solid top in a cobalt or yellow or bright pink, or do the opposite, print on top and solid on bottom. Have fun is the purpose of owning a fun pair of shoes like these.

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

I have seen a couple of these in the stores and love them!...